July 29, 2009
Dr. Dad...not so much
Where to start...let's backtrack a couple of days. Ryleigh was complaining of a bellyache and so I went to the cabinet for the children's Pepto (of which we had 3 full bottles about a month ago, apparently I kept stocking up on it). The one time I actually needed it though, it is NOWHERE to be found. Where 3 bottles wandered off to I have no idea, but isn't that how it always is?? Anyway, eventually her stomach felt better so we didn't worry about it anymore. This leads us to today...she came in complaining again that her belly hurt so I called David to ask him to pick up some Pepto for her. Then I started thinking that maybe her problem is that she actually NEEDS to go to the bathroom, considering that at 6 I don't monitor her bathroom breaks :) I asked her some questions about this and of course, she has no clue. So I called D again and also suggested he pick up something for that particular problem. When he showed up, I was on the phone and, being the good Dad that he is, he went into the kids room and administered the medicine. It wasn't until he came out, with Rye in tow and said, "Of course, now her belly hurts.." that I realized what was going on. So with a confused look on my face I said, "Well, of course it does, she's the one that's been complaining about it.." (can you guess where this story is going??) If you guessed that he gave the medicine to BRENT instead of RYLEIGH then you win!! Yes, he went in and gave Brent a laxative strip (for kids of course) and 2 pepto pills and what did B do, he took it!! At this point what can you do except laugh and hope that B doesn't end up in the bathroom for the rest of the night...my poor baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh no! poor Brent!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh! That is SUPER funny!!
ReplyDeletemen... they NEVER listen!!
ReplyDelete