July 28, 2009
Time with family
The rest of the weekend was full of time with friends and family...I know you're thinking we're are usually always with friends and family on the weekends but this was on a more laid back scale :-). Friday night I went to dinner at Los Vaqueros with my parents, Eric and Ashley and all of Ashley's family. We had such a good time and of course the food and margaritas just made it better. I wish I had taken some pics because Landon was hilarious with the mariachis and everytime they would go away, he would yell, "Come back here, come back!" I think little miss Kendall enjoyed herself too! I am so glad that our families mesh so well because I truly love them and have a blast hanging out with all of them. On Saturday, one of the neighborhood boys had a birthday party so I took the kids for a while. His parents had rented a huge water slide that looked like SO MUCH fun, I think we need to have an adult party and rent it! It wasn't the typical climb up and go down slide, it was more of a slip and slide on a much larger scale! Anyway, once the kids were worn out we came back home and then Shane and Kim came over. Shane is David's cousin who is in the Navy right now and currently living in CA. He had to have surgery on his shoulder recently so he was able to take a small leave and surprise everyone by coming home. Unfortunately, David had to work Sat. night, but I was so glad that S & K didn't mind hanging out with just me!! They stayed until D got home and then Lucas and Carl even came by later...of course it was another night that we stayed up WAY too late, but I figure I can sleep when I'm dead, right?!?! I had planned on having Sunday as a lazy day, but I ended up going over and painting my mom's kitchen and bathroom with my brother. She had someone come over a couple of weeks ago and get rid of the wall paper and texture the walls. Only thing is, the first paint color she picked was entirely too light and just looked white. So Eric and I headed over there and went back over it and it looks really good now, I'll have to take some pics to post later. Whew, I'm tired now just rethinking of everything, but you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All sounds great - can't wait to see your mom's kitchen!
ReplyDelete