March 25, 2009

Pathetic..really?!?!

This goes along with the previous post and I had to share before I forget...so this afternoon the kids were playing in their rooms and all of a sudden the voices get louder and I hear Brent yelling at Ryleigh, through clenched teeth no less. At first I couldn't quite figure out what was going on but there was some mumbling about batteries, that being his remote, it just not being fair and that you can't do that to people. At the end it sounds like he is crying but I think surely not. Well, apparently he was because I then hear Ryleigh say to him, "Well, if that's how you're gonna be about it then you can have them back. That is pathetic to act like that, 9 year olds shouldn't be that way" and I hear her stomp off. Just as I am about to go in there and lay into her for acting that way, because I really could not believe she had just been hateful like that (sidenote - check in to home schooling her), I hear Brent say, "Pathetic? You cannot call me pathetic, you don't even know what it means!" This was followed by an "ow" from her and then the instant crying (I later found out he pinched her...must be those anger issues). It took a few minutes for me to compose myself before going in there because I couldn't quite lecture them with a smile on my face, could I? I mean on the one hand, I don't like to hear either of them crying and I would prefer them NOT to hit each other, but then again, I had a little brother just like her and they are sly ones. Brent sometimes is too nice for his own good and she DEFINITELY takes advantage of it...guess she may think twice next time. Oh, and in case you're wondering, I most definitely had a talk with her about losing the 15 yr. old attitude before I lose it for her.

2 comments:

  1. hilarious!! that just made me laugh out loud. i know this will be VERY common in my house in the very near future but it's still funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I can only imagine the things that are going to come out of Nolan's mouth :-)

    ReplyDelete