March 21, 2009

Best. Day.Yet

Let me start by listing all of the great things about yesterday:
-It was mine and David's 10th wedding anniversary, WOW!
-David took the day off
-It was the first day of Spring
-It was my grandma's birthday
-My cousin had a baby boy
-It was the last day of spring break and David and I were able to spend the entire day with the kids!


It truly was one of the most amazing 24 hours of my life so far! The day actually started at 12:45 am when David got home from working Thursday night. Ryleigh and I had waited up for him and he of course was wonderful and walked in with some beautiful gladiolas.


We opened a bottle of champagne and toasted to the blessings we've been given and the future that awaits us. I don't know how I got so lucky to share this life journey with him, but I am grateful. Once we all got up in the morning, we headed out to lunch to Brent's favorite place, China King Super Buffet and then we took the kids to the wax museum and Ripley's believe it or not. Neither of us had been there since we were kids, so it was a lot of fun for all of us.





When we were done there, it was dinner time so we dropped the kids off at Grammy and Papa's and David and I headed out to Joe T. Garcia's. The crazy thing is that after all of the time's we have been there, this was the first that it was just David and I and I don't know that I've ever enjoyed it so much.
After dinner we went to 8.0's and had a drink and then we headed to Joey's for a little while to celebrate Casey's birthday. Once we got home we hung out talking and laughing and just really enjoying being together, it felt like high school all over again. All I can say is that I love this life and I love this man. Always.

3 comments:

  1. AWWW! Such a sweet post! Happy Ten Years! Wow how fast the time goes by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats on so many years! Looks like it was a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! You are so blessed and you deserve it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete