August 19, 2009
Weekend in review
Saturday was spent lounging around the house for a bit and then getting ready for dinner with one of my oldest and dearest friends. Melanie and I have been trying to get together since after her birthday in December but it just never seems to work out...more so on my part because we always seem to have something already planned. Anyway, a day FINALLY opened up and we scheduled our date. We went to dinner at Joe T's and had a great couple of hours just catching up. After that we headed to Sherlock's to watch an '80's cover band playing, they were pretty freakin' funny but cool. I still can't believe that we met in 8th grade health class...where'd the time go?? The really funny thing was that we ran into a guy that we knew from way back then that night. I always have some of my best times with her and I am so happy she is still a part of my life. She, for me, is definitely one of those people that I could not talk to for a while but as soon as I do, it's like we've never been apart. Love her! After I got home that night, Eric and Ashley came over and they also had run into some peeps from high school so they came with. It was so nice to catch up with them and hang out. Sunday was an impromptu trip out to Dana and Ed's house in Albany. They have invited us many times, and Rye has been a couple, but it never fails that David has always had to work. Since he was actually off we decided to just go ahead and go for one last hoorah of the summer. The drive is a little over 2 hours and the town only has a population of 1,921! I was so mad at myself for not bringing my other camera but I most definitely will next time! Our plan was to just stay the night and come back Monday morn but seeing as how Dana sprained her ankle, the kids and I ended up staying until Tuesday so that I could drive her car back. I had so much fun that it felt like a mini vacation. We stayed up way too late, drank a little more than we probably should have and laughed until there was nothing left. I love how sweet Dana's girls are to Ryleigh and I know she loves that she gets to hang out with the older girls. Even Brent had fun just running around with the girls and shooting them with Nerf guns, lol! Unfortunately, these are the only couple of pics I got while we were there because my camera died...always my luck!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment