August 26, 2009

First Day of School



Considering that I am an old pro at taking my kids to school, I mean come on, Brent is in the 4th grade, one would think that I should be able to keep my composure by now. Ummm, not so much. I did really well until we got Brent to his class...as we were telling him bye, my eyes watered up a little bit and to be honest, I was really surprised. I was not expecting to have that reaction at all. So, I blinked it away and thought nothing else of it. That is until Ryleigh sat down at her desk and I asked her if I could get a picture of her. As soon as I raised the camera and looked at her through the lens, the tears started. It was as if I was looking at the situation from the outside and how grown they are getting to be. They are left to be themselves for 7 hrs. a day, in the care and responsibility of someone else who I can only always pray will grow to love them and truly be kind to them. As a mom, we want our kids to flourish and mature but it is just so hard to realize that one day they will move on to their own lives and not rely on me as much. I know that that will mean that I did my job and that should make me happy but I can't help but be sad for the ache that it will bring. I love my babies and am so proud of how independent they both are. I wish for them both one day to experience this same kind of love, because it truly is a love like no other. Thank you God for my little miracles.








1 comment: