October 18, 2009
How could I say no?
In my head, the plan had always been that I would take Ryleigh to her first concert. I wanted to be there to see the excitement in her eyes and have that memory be something we could always share. Well, it didn't quite go down that way...Rye was invited to go to see Miley Cyrus and to see the way her eyes lit up when she asked if she could go, I just couldn't get that two letter word to come out of my mouth. On the day of, it was all she could talk about and when that knock came on the front door, she couldn't get there fast enough or have a bigger smile. When Brynnlee walked in and Ryleigh realized she had a shirt that was almost identical to hers, she insisted on wearing it instead of what she had on. Off they went on their adventure to return 5 hours later giggling like teenage girls. In that moment, I knew that no matter how selfishly sad I had been that I couldn't be there, I had definitely made the right decision in letting her go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment