I cannot believe that it will be 5 years ago at the end of this month that I quit my old job to be home with the kids. At that time I couldn't even begin to fathom what it was going to be like to be home for a year but man how the time flies! Brent was 4 1/2 and Ryleigh was only 1 1/2. I can remember that last day so clearly...as ready as I was to be done with that place and start my new journey, I still cried all day (and let's not forget that Ivy had called first thing that morning and had started to go into labor!! They didn't admit her into the hosp. till late that night though). I started working there a couple of weeks after I turned 18 and had "grown up" there. My mother-in-law worked there and then she also hired my best friend and another good friend. Everyone that I worked with was there for all of the big important things in my life, my engagement and then wedding, us building a house, being pregnant with and having Brent and then doing it all over again with Ryleigh. And I had also gone through so much with all of them, they were all more than coworkers, they were extended family and now I was leaving them, no longer to be Christi for 8 hrs a day, but to now be full-time Mama. As exciting as that was, it was also very sad and I remember thinking that if I ever went back to work how awful it would be because I would never find that again. Well, the time has come...now, not to say that I haven't been working for the last 5 years because we all know that being a mom is work, but I also cleaned houses and did other things this whole time and still brought in a bit of money, but I am now officially employed. I must say, I feel very lucky to have this job because I just know it is going to be wonderful. I am working for a close family friend who is starting a new business and he is such a great guy. For now it will just be the two of us and probably through the summer I will just be working part time. I get to pick my own hours and days and can even work from home if I want. Once we get the business up and running then I will eventually go full time but it will still be a fairly lax schedule which just gives me the best of both worlds. I am so thrilled to know that I will still be able to go eat lunch with the kids and go to their school functions in the middle of the day and still take them and hopefully pick them up from school. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined something like this coming along but I am SO HAPPY that I did!
My babies way back then!

A few of the people I used to work with...

Mom-in-law, Lisa, Blake, Me and Ivy

Kathy, Jen, Ivy and Cheryl

Blake, Pi, Tricia and Sandy
Oh, and one of my new boss, Ed
Good lord - did you have to post a pic of me SO pregnant?? That is awful!! Looks at how little the kids were??? They look so little and I just think that this it is weird that the boys are that age right now but yet they seem so much older than B & R look in those pics!! Good days at HH back then, I miss those days so much, it just blows now! Maybe Ed will hire me too?!?!
ReplyDelete