June 18, 2009

Score: Brent's head - 1, ceramic pot - 0

So last night we ended up at CareNow at 9 o'clock at night...why, you might ask? Well, because Brent tripped and hit his head on a ceramic pot. He was at my mom's house and was trying to hide from Grandpa but also trying to rush to watch his tv show. He came through the dining room, which is carpeted, and somehow managed to trip right into a ceramic pot sitting in the corner. Now, I know that every kid falls and hits their head but do most kids crack a ceramic pot? Probably not, only my hard headed son! The damage to the pot is by far more extent than the damage to his head, luckily. He ended up with a little gash that they put skin glue on and then he also has a scratch on the side of his face with a nice size knot. You can't really see the knot in the pics, but it is starting to become that light greenish/black color so I'm sure it will be visible soon. The people at CareNow couldn't have been nicer and they also ended up taking x-rays just to be safe. It is easier to laugh about this now, especially once you see the pics of the poor pot, but it was a little scary last night. All I can say is that I am no longer worried about him getting a head injury while playing football, but I will definitely be praying for the other kids!





Keep in mind that he hit this thing from the left side but somehow cracked (or should I say shattered?) the right side

2 comments: